Edge Research Group, in partnership with Los Angeles-based market research firm Galado Interactive, has released a new research report on the CDN services market. In addition to information on the market revenue picture for CDN services providers, the report offers an extended look at the impact of vendors’ edge security offerings on both product development and M&A activity within the CDN market.
- The CDN market experienced solid growth in 2018 and is expected to grow another 6% in 2019 to reach $5.3bn in revenue.
- In 2019, revenue from the edge security services segment will top the $1B revenue mark, fueled by the growth of Akamai, Cloudflare, and other security-focused vendors.
- Looking two to five years ahead to growth drivers for the market, edge computing will be a big factor in new feature development as well as an area for targeted M&A activity.
The CDN market growth in 2019 is being propelled in large part by growth in sales of security services such as DDoS mitigation and cloud-based Web application firewall services. International growth by way of Asia-Pacific sales is also a factor in the overall market gain.
The report offers an in-depth comparison of vendors in segments such as security services, edge computing, media delivery, and e-commerce. Highlights include:
- Analysis of leaders in each segment
- Comparison of CDN offerings
- A separate analysis on Fastly, which went public in 2019
- An examination of the dynamics in the China CDN market
The report is written by Jim Davis, Founder and Principal Analyst for Edge Research Group and Ernie Regalado, CDN Analyst and Founder of Galado Interactive and EngineCloud, Inc. Bizety.com, a Galado Interactive property, is a leading site for news and analysis of the CDN and edge compute markets.
For further details or to purchase the report, visit the Bizety website.